Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July Breakfast...oops

I received this e-mail from Jeff on Wednesday afternoon...

Ken, So sorry! I completely forgot that today was the meeting I was hosting! So no breakfast was cooking – Bill had to go home and get some apples . . . L

Anyway, the week earlier got me all messed up. I thought when my alert came on, it was so I could have time to prepare for next week . . . Apparently my logic did not prevail, and I found myself opening the door for a hungry Bill, Todd and Scott who were with the Soma Ministry group. No one else was there, must be figuring that it is next week.

So if you would let everyone know, I will be hosting (for real this time) in August. And yes Bill, we will have breakfast!

Sorry . . .

Jeff



I replied with this one...

Friends,

I'm glad I'm among folks who hold forgiveness as a core virtue because I completely forgot this morning as well. As we usually meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month, I forgot to change my schedule for us to meet today. Turns out, Jeff and I were on the same wrong page. I echo his apologies to Bill, Todd and Scott. Sorry fellas.

However, the grace in all this is that next month we'll get another chance and to further mess things up again, I'm going to ask that we meet on the first Wednesday of the month (August 3rd) at 8:30 at Celebration Christian Fellowship. Jeff really wants the chance to make breakfast and I really want the chance to eat it.

Let me know if you can make that date and I'll try to send out a reminder.

Peace, Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment