Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feb Breakfast Reminder

Fellow Ministers in So Tac,

First, the news, we have no news yet as our 3rd child has decided to remain in my wife, Erin's, womb for a bit longer. We aren't due until Thursday, so we haven't started to worry yet. That being said, I did have a death in the congregation and the memorial is on Thursday. So, you can keep us in your prayers for both of these endeavors.

Now the reminder. Our next breakfast is tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb. 4th at 8:30 at Green Pastures Presbyterian which is located at the corner of 66th and Junnett on the East side of South Tacoma Way. I just talked with John and he is getting all ready for us. Assuming that I will not be there, I'm sending a rough agenda for us to continue to talk about and so here it goes.
1. What interesting things are going on in your ministry or life?
2. What weeds do you notice in our community that need pulling?
3. What seeds do you notice in our community that need tending?

John asked me if I had an overall agenda for this group. It was a good question to which i answered yes and no. I don't have a specific agenda for this group to accomplish, but i do have a hope that we will come to a place of mutual trust amongst one another that when God reveals to us what he would like us to do together, that we would have enough unity to engage that work. So, in short, my agenda is for us to build trust between one another with the hopes that it will lead to a greater amount of God's shalom being reflected in South Tacoma. That's my hope. Perhaps that would be a good question to pose to the rest of the group. Do you have an agenda or hope for this group?

Grace and Peace, Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment